Write the Future: Music and Tech Conference in Liverpool, 28th April
On 28th April 2022 Liverpool City Region Music Board is hosting ‘Write the Future: Music Technology Conference’ in Liverpool City Centre, showcasing the emerging technologies transforming the evolving music industry and creating immersive music experiences for fans.
All musicians, creatives and music executives working in the Liverpool City Region are invited to attend this free conference; with influential creatives from across the UK coming to Liverpool to discuss and demonstrate various immersive technologies, including Virtual Reality, Spatial Audio, Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality, while also contemplating the future ambitions for connected fan experiences.
Representative of LCR Music Board and Head of UNESCO City of Music Liverpool, Kevin McManus, said: “The Liverpool City Region Music Board is extremely proud to be hosting this pioneering event; providing a superb learning opportunity for local creatives, and ensuring that our city region has its finger on the pulse in terms of technology and innovation in music.”
At the conference, Meta (parent company of Facebook/Instagram/Quest) will be talking about music marketing best practice across Facebook and Instagram. They will also be discussing the opportunity for music in emerging technologies like AR & VR; bringing those to life with recent case studies with their record label partners.
Vanessa Bakewell, Global Client Partner, from Meta, said: ‘’I am delighted to be back in my home city in April for Write the Future. This event will be a chance to see some of the most innovative work happening across Merseyside in the music and tech space. We are delighted to speak alongside Merseyside music and tech leaders and showcase some of the work Meta is doing in music and tech across AR & VR.’’
The events high-profile line-up of panellists includes:
- Jane Kinnard, Creative Shop at Meta: Providing ‘An introduction to music and the metaverse’ as part of a panel with Ali Proctor Walsh, Producer, Creative Shop at Meta; Natalie Kelly, Global Client Solutions Manager at Meta, plus Sophie Alexander, Marketing Manager at 3Beat Productions; Discussing music marketing best practice a deep dive into various music case studies and use of AI, AR and VR.
- Dawn Paine (ex CMO at Nintendo & Universal Pictures) and Valerie Bounds (Award winning digital strategy lead for 25 years) Co-founders of Aurora. They will be talking about the ‘Convergence of music, gaming, film and tech in 2022 and the road ahead.’ in conversation with Vanessa Bakewell, Global client Partner, Music & Movies at Meta
- Sam Wiehl, Visual Artist: Explaining their real-time visualisation collaborations with artists including Ladytron and Mogwai, and his work in innovative audience experience with events like Psychfest (a festival of art, tech and music).
- Phil Charnock, Draw and Code: Discussing their immersive technology work in the music industry, including augmented reality projects with Pink Floyd, Sony and more.
- Garry Heywood, Kinicho: Showcasing their pioneering work in spatial sound experiences and software
Peter Woodbridge, from Draw and Code, said: “It’s such a transformative time right now for creating and imagining new possibilities for art, technology and audience experiences. We’re really looking forward to hearing from such an incredible range of pioneers and trailblazers in this space.”
The conference will commence at 2pm prompt (doors open at 1:30pm) at Camp and Furnace, 67 Greenland St, Liverpool L1 0BY. Speaker presentations will end at 4:30pm; followed by live music from local singer-songwriter and TikTok star, Michael Aldgag and networking (until 6pm).
Sign up to attend the event: https://lcrmusicboard_writethefuture22.eventbrite.com
For more information about Liverpool City Region Music Board, visit www.lcrmusicboard.co.uk
Sign up for latest news
Receive updates and invitations from the Liverpool City Region Music Board