The Liverpool City Region Music Board is a panel of experts and influential figures from the world of music.
The Music Board, made up of sixteen members and eight observers, is charged with cementing the city region’s position as one of the world’s music capitals and will work to ensure music businesses and communities have a stronger voice in local and regional decision-making.
The Liverpool City Region Music Board is tasked with five key priorities, identified through the recent Developing a Liverpool City of Music Strategy report, which aims to sustain, support and develop the music sector in our region:
The priorities are:
- Safeguarding and protecting music venues
- Growing current and future music heritage
- Developing the Beatles’ legacy
- Increasing access to music education
- Engaging and developing new talent